Membership at the local level brings with it both a set of Entitlements and a set of Responsibilities.
Membership in the Knights Templar Oasis involves making a pledge to support the
local body. By filling out the pledge and fulfilling that pledge one maintains the status of member in good standing. A pledge is a tool for the officers to use to track the status of its members and develop a workable budget. Pledges can be adjusted at anytime by speaking with the Treasurer.
Pledges are the single most important tool for planning and budgeting. Therefore maintaining one’s pledge will be the single most important criteria for maintaining membership. A pledge is simply a commitment one makes to support something they choose to be a part of: the amount of the pledge is secondary to fulfilling your pledge.
All active members are entitled but not limited to the following:
- Attend all Tuesday classes and Gnostics Masses for free. If you bring a friend, their first class is free as well! Also most special events are at least discounted.
- Members will receive a free copy of the Lifted Lance, either by mail or in person.
- You have access to the Knights Templar Oasis’s growing library, the Warburg Archive, and O.T.O. Archives on microfilm.
- Pledged Members will be included in our weekly events list. This will keep you up to date on all the happenings at the Temple for classes, special events, as well as personal emails from the Body Master.
- Members have a say in what the Oasis does, by attending business meetings. Yes, all active members are highly encouraged to attend our bi-yearly meetings and have a voice in how the Knights Templar Oasis is run. SPEAK UP! This is your local body, where do you want to see it go? Should we do more classes, more masses, more fundraising, lower dues? SPEAK UP! The Oasis will be as great as YOU want it to be!
- As a member you can sponsor an event! Would you like to see more classes or special events in some specific area? Then by all means, sponsor that event! Simply get Officer Approval and manifest your vision in the Temple.
- As a member you can apply for Officer and Coordinator positions! Only members in good standing of the First Degree are allowed to hold positions within Knights Templar Oasis. If all positions are currently held, apply anyway, get yourself in line. If you still see a need in an area uncovered, write up a job description, come to the next officers meeting and request the job!
- Use the temple for your private work; simply coordinate a time you would like to use your space.